Friday, July 3, 2009

Rafting in the Andes ...

Morning breakfast and some fresh air, in preparation of an hour plus ride to the mountains for rafting.










Sights on the way to go water rafting in the Andes.





In the summer, the rafting is 3 hours. We were told because of the cold temperature this morning, we will only do an hour rafting, or else risk hypothermia :( Oh geez ... we have to put on full wet suit ... and no cameras allowed on the raft ... so no photos :( Frank and I were the front two, so I don't need to write more ... at about 40 minutes into the ride, I know I would not last much longer if the wind picks up and keep blowing on my skin drenched with the freezing water ... water level is actually pretty low during winter, so I think we didn't get pass level 3 or 4 rapids, just some photos of the rafting place ...





After rafting, ordered a beer, *gulp* look st the size!!



Uh hmm .. Frank taking on (bullying??) a kid at billiard ...









Dinner ... meat buffet ... again :) I think I have eaten every single part of a moo-moo on this trip.



Why a picture of Coke? Frank took one gulp and almost spit it out, shouting "fake coke"!! I didn't quite get him, what do you mean "fake coke"??? He was like it tastes awful, like "rubbish syrup water" ... after he said that, I didn't dare taste it, I smell it, and I have to say it reminds me of drain water, no joke :( apparently, counterfeit soda is quite prevalent in South America ...









Blood sausage :( let's just say its an acquired taste though Frank finished the whole thing, I find it too "herby" ... think they need a lot of herb to cover up any gamey intestinal/blood taste. The taste is just intense "livery". I love liver and I think this is too much!





1 comment:

  1. I think both you are very tired. So the dish is empty .

    ReplyDelete