Saturday, June 27, 2009

Buenos Aires ... the Paris of Latin America

Buenos Aires!!! The boutique Mine (pronounced mee-ne) Hotel is quite superb, quite my taste. My pictures don't do the hotel justice, you can see it at:
http://www.minehotel.com/homeeng.htm









The hotel served the most delicious pasta, think they made the tomato sauce themselves, its naturally sweet, not like the Prego canned type.



Organic breakfast heaven ...



The hotel is in the Palermo Soho neighborhood, which is the up and coming young/hip area. Actually, spending 2.5 days walking around here, it is really like SOHO in New York. There won't be much to blog about as its just 2 full days here and I will be SHOPPING :) I fell in love with Argentinean designers with this trip. In fact, an idea formed in my head about how ownderful it would be if I can make two trips to Buenos Aires just to shop, once for summer, and once for winter! Clothes are just so forward-looking and trendy here. To make it even more worthwhile, the quality is to die for, and the prices are reasonable when compared to NY i.e. they are not cheap, but they are cheaper and definitely value for money when you take into account of their material quality. Leather here is amazing too ... basically, I opened a 3rd luggage after this trip and I did not even finish walking the neighborhood! This is a girls' trip come true ...













Went to eat steak at an "institution" called La Cabrera ... you really just order the steak, everything else you see in the photos come with the steak!!! So many small plates and condiments, yummy! Honest opinion? Its pretty good as they charred the steak ... but flavour wise, I honestly think Frank do better steak :)









Lots of things we didn't do, visit about 4 other neighborhoods, watch a tango show or actually learn it :P Buenos Aires is a city that definitely agrees with me, on my "want-to-return" list and do it justice the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment